ABOUT THE FLIGHTS
This archipelago is a protected National Park and it has some regulations and issues with the airlines, in order to abide their special conditions.
Your trip needs to start with your international roundtrip flight to Guayaquil or Quito. It is recommended to arrive at least one day prior to the Galapagos flight to be protected from flight delays, cancellations, lost baggage, etc.
IF YOU CHOOSE THE QUITO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT…
The Mariscal Sucre International airport is located in Tababela, it is considered one of the busiest in South America and receives and departs daily flights from all over the world.
This airport is located 20.5 kilometers from the center of the city. Flying from Quito to Galapagos takes around two and a half hours. Most of the flights make a stop in Guayaquil.
There are daily flights to the archipelago.
IF YOU CHOOSE THE GUAYAQUIL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT…
The José Joaquín de Olmedo International airport was named “Best Airport in Latin America” for two consecutive years by the Airports Council nternational.
It is modern and very well located on Las Americas Avenue in the north of Guayaquil. Flying from Guayaquil to Galapagos takes around one and a half hours.
- All flights to Galapagos depart in the morning from Quito or Guayaquil.
There are two airports on the Islands to receive national flights from Quito or Guayaquil: Baltra Island and Puerto Baquerizo Moreno on San Cristobal Island. A small one is located on Isabela Island.
- The “M/Y Blue Spirit” operates from Baltra.
- Airlines allow one 23 kilo (50 lbs) checked bag and one 10 kilo (22 lbs) carry-on bag. (Check individually for diving cruises, please). Overweight charges or a second checked bag run $20-$25 and must be paid before receiving your boarding pass.
- If you arrive on the day of departure, our dive master/naturalist guides will be waiting to escort you to the ship.
- Flight times, prices and the Galapagos airport of arrival are all subject to change with little or no notification.
- Booking the cruise and the flight together is the best and most convenient option, as cruises often work with specific flights, according to each itinerary. We work with AVIANCA.
- Ticket holders are required to check-in a minimum of three hours prior to flight time for all international departures, even when connecting from the flights.
FLIGHT SCHEDULE TO GALAPAGOS
|AVIANCA||AV- 1632||6:45||7:40||8:20||9:19||Each Wednesday|
|AVIANCA||AV- 1688||6:45||7:40||8:20||9:19||Each Sunday|
FLIGHT SCHEDULE FROM GALAPAGOS
|AIRLINE||FLIGHT #||DEPARTURE FROM GALAPAGOS||ARRIVING AT GUAYAQUIL||DEPARTURE FROM GUAYAQUIL||ARRIVAL AT QUITO||FREQUENCY|
|AVIANCA||AV- 1633||10:05||12:55||13:55||14:50||Each Wednesday|
|AVIANCA||AV- 1689||10:05||12:55||13:55||14:50||Each Sunday|