- Currents can range from 1 to 5 knots at the sites we visit, and visibility is generally between 30 and 80 feet.
- Most divers are comfortable with a 7mm wetsuit June – November with a hooded vest and gloves and a minimum 5 mm wetsuit December – May.
- Gloves and hood are strongly recommended
- Water temperatures are at the higher end of the scale in both Darwin and Wolf. Air temperatures range from 75 (F) or higher in the rainy season (December-May) to the mid 60’s (F) during the dry season (June – November), with nearly constant sea breezes.
- When diving, you will board in our “pangas”, then when indicated you can enter the water. At the end, our crew will help you to lift you and your equipment back to the “panga”.
- Minimum age restrictions (up 16)
The following facts are very important:
- Always follow your guide, especially when logging in and out.
- All divers must have a submersible console including SPG and depth gauge, timepiece or dive computer with these functions.
- Dive insurance is a must
- Experience (we recommend that you have more than 50 logged dives)
- Experience with very strong currents
- Experience on low visibility
- International Diving certification. (Open water scuba divers or similar)
- No consumption of alcohol is allowed while diving.
- All divers must present proof of dive insurance according to the Galapagos National Park regulations.
- All divers must also carry a Dive Alert, a surface signaling device, and an electronic beacon while diving (all available on board).
- Guests are responsible for all items they borrow from the vessel, in case of any damages; there is a fee that will be charged on board.
- Please note that, due to a combination of staff and equipment logistics, insurance requirements and local diving regulations, neither rebreathers nor Diver Propulsion Vehicles (DPVs) may be used aboard.
Due to the nature of this trip and the very remote destination, all divers are required to have dive accident insurance when diving from the Blue Spirit, and to note the policy number on their application form.
Days aboard the Blue Spirit Yacht generally involve a 6:30 am followed by breakfast, a dive at 09:30, lunch at 12:00, and afternoon dives at 1:30 and 4:00 pm. Dinner is served at approximately 7:00 pm. Please note that these itineraries are examples only, and will change depending on local regulation, weather and logistics at the Captain´s discretion.
The order of the islands, however, is dictated by the Galapagos National Park.
Aboard the M/V Blue Spirit, breakfasts include carbohydrates such as cereal, toasts and fresh fruits, a protein such as eggs or ham; tea, coffee and fresh juice. About lunch and evening meals, they usually consist of carbohydrates such as potatoes and rice, vegetables, proteins such as chicken, beef, pork, and fish. Some snacks will be provided between dives.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or requests, please indicate so on your application form.
- Please note that there is always a good variation of special products on the islands; special dietary meals could be difficult to find there. If you have any preference you are encouraged to bring some of your own meals to feel more comfortable, it will be greatly appreciated.
- Not included meals will be charged onboard
Important to Consider
- All diving activities are coordinated by our dive master guide. The dive guide is licensed by the Galapagos National Park Service and the naval authorities, to lead dives.
- As a regulation from the Galapagos National Park, night dives depend on weather conditions and current status.
- A live aboard cruise offers the best opportunity to visit another fascinating group of islands. Land visits are organized depending on the itineraries authorized by the National Park.
- We will be happy to assist you with Galapagos Extensions or mainland itineraries.
- Your cruise rates include almost all the things you will receive on board; alcoholic beverages, crew gratuities, retail items, scuba courses, rentals, nitrox, will need to be paid for, directly on board.
Crew gratuities are not included in your package. It is recommended to consider around 10% of the package price per passenger on dive trips. Your generosity will be greatly appreciated.